Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Things to Look Forward to This Year

I recently got the rights back to my contemporary romance novel, Irish Squeeze. I love the characters in this story but I wanted to do something more with it. I mean, since when do I write romance with no extra element to add some flavor? And Melissa is such a spunky chick, she could definitely use some extra umph.
Then it hit me: rewrite it as a fantasy. An urban fantasy romance. Boom, just like that the characters suddenly had more depth to them. Irish now had secrets. Melissa's family were now a rare breed of fantasy creature in their world. And the world itself now had its own story of civil unrest and an "Us vs Them" mentality between humans and "other" creatures. 
Isn't it funny how that works out sometimes? This story was already a sexy fun time but now it has even more going for it. Not to mention possible sequels because I definitely see a series in the making here.
I plan to republish this story this year through Hollow Hills. Now I just need to think of a new name that will fit this new and improved tale...

Meanwhile, I am touching up my short story for the next Hollow Hills anthology coming later this year. If you haven't read Still Standing, I suggest checking it out. My short story titled "The Brave Blacksmith" is a fantasy romance at heart, but deals with some dark issues. Blacksmith's wife was murdered, but though he got his revenge and executed the evil king, ensuring the rightful queen was returned to her throne, he now feels he has no purpose in life. Until the queen sends him on a quest in an unfamiliar country. This story deals with mental health, bullying, and ends on a cliffhanger. Part Two promises to be just as magical and action packed. I do hope you stick around to read "The Blacksmith's Quest" coming in the next anthology.

It looks like this is shaping up to be a busy year so far. Stick around to hear more about amazing indie books I read and releases of my own novels in 2019.
Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. "www.nonwovenbagmalaysia.com.my/ www.magspremiums.com
    MAGS PREMIUM GIFTS SDN BHD We specialize in premium and corporate gifts printing (cenderamata korporat) , Welcome to custom made your own design on the gifts. Example: non woven bags, tshirt, lanyard, keychain, etc..."

    ReplyDelete