Sunday, February 3, 2019

Indie Book Reviews Catch-Up

Hello, fellow readers.
Now that Christmas is over and we can all get back to our normal lives, I have been catching up on reading like crazy. I read more manga volumes in the last two months than I have in the last two years. Two complete series! (Yes, long series.) 
Now I'm here again to show you guys the indie books that I wrapped up last year and in January of this year. I do not post reviews for any books I dnfed or any that I gave less than three stars to. Only showing off the good stories and there were many. Let's get started!


Dawn's Keeper
by Veronica Del Rosa 

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
Veronica Del Rosa does it again! Not only were we introduced to two wonderful, lovable, and dangerous characters, but we get deliciously steamy scenes and a light but heartfelt romance. More of the Enforcers and Coterie world is shown to us and the reader is left with more questions than answers. Usually, that would annoy me, but with this series, it only has me scrambling for the next book.
Oh, how I love this universe the author has created!


Storm Portal
by Michael R. Stern

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
An interesting tale of time travel by a normal citizen. History buffs will love the classroom lessons and historical locations that our hero, Fritz, witnessed. I certainly enjoyed taking the trip and rooting for Fritz to come back in one piece, and stay out of trouble with the White House.


The 11th Percent
by T.H. Morris 

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
This is an interesting paranormal read. It doesn't really present any new ideas, but it does give you a nice diverse cast of characters that you get to know and relate to.
I did have a hard time relating to the main character, Jonah. For a writer who claims to have a lot of imagination, he has a pretty hard time wrapping his head around certain truths in the book. Also, he isn't very bright since everything has to be explained to him at least twice. I don't need a genius main character but I do need one that I care about and Jonah isn't relatable to me. I'm hoping he does more growing in future books, but right now my fave character would have to be Reena.
The story drags in a few places but the last few chapters are definitely worth the read. Take a dive into this one and you may find it quite enjoyable. I liked it enough to want to read the next in the series.


Valkyrie in the Demon Realm
by Lynne Murray 

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
Another great Sybil read! I always enjoy these stories about Sybil, her own personal demons, and their adventures together. I only wish this one was longer! A great story.


Scandal With a Prince
by Nicole Burnham 

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
This was well written and certainly entertaining. The main characters were relatable, the sex scenes hot, and the plot pretty solid. An enjoyable read. 


That is all I have for you today. Hopefully my solid reading streak will continue and I will have more indie gems for you guys to discover and drool over as much as I did soon. 
Happy reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment