Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Writing and Editing

Being a published author does not mean my writing is perfect. I am by no means a master of the English language and flawless when it comes to editing my work. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone.
Luckily, I have great friends who look out for me and let me know when I've make a boo-boo with my published works. I even have a few awesome beta readers who rip my story apart (in the best of ways) before I put it out there for the world to enjoy. I do the same for my author friends.
But sometimes things are missed (Because everyone makes mistakes, right?) and I have to go back over my work to do some rewrites or further editing of the story. This year I plan on returning to my older works and fixing them up. It will take some time, but I want to reread everything with fresh eyes and try to catch all the typos or plot holes I can. 
I honestly think every writer should do this from time to time. My writing style has evolved a lot over the past few years and though I may not want to change story lines or characters themselves, I may want to change how I present them in my stories. I'm also a bit wiser when it comes to editing issues. Yes, only a bit wiser. I still throw quite a few "rules" out the window.

Hopefully, by the end of the year, I will have a collection of improved works to show off and some peace of mind that I did my very best in presenting them to you, readers. 
Hope you pick up one of my books to entertain you this year. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment