Thursday, March 2, 2017

February Reads & Reviews

Hello, faithful readers! Being the short month it was, (and the fact that I published a book of my own) I didn't get as much reading in as I would like. Fortunately the books I did read were great so prepare yourselves! I will reveal more gems of the indie book world in this post.


Game, Set, Match
by Nana Malone

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
Though there are some cliche parts, this story had me hooked from the start. Humorous characters that leapt right off the pages and sexy scenes that sizzled, I had to read this entire book in one sitting

One to Keep
by Ev Bishop

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
A wonderful tale about taking a second chance on love after being badly burned. The characters were fun and realistic. I haven't read a book by this author that I haven't loved!

Ghostly Writes Anthology 2016
by Various Authors

Rating: 3 Stars

Review:
This collection of stories from various authors contains a wide range of tales. Some creepy, some amusing, and some just plain strange. Though there are some editing issues, I enjoyed diving in and immersing myself in each story.
My favorites had to be "Mother Called Today" and "Ruby Kisses."



The Boy With Words
by C.E. Wilson

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
I loved this book!
As a fan of CE Wilson's books, I knew I was going to enjoy these two stories. She has a real talent for creating unforgettable characters and this book was no different. I couldn't get enough of White and Kes's tale. A heartbreaking yet beautiful journey and a satisfying ending makes this one of my new favorites.
I highly recommend diving into this one!


The Light
by Kate Thomas

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
I really enjoyed this book. Seeing Ellie's struggle with her new abilities, and the men in her life, gave this story such depth. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.


So far, this year has been going well with my Goodreads Reading Challenge. 120 books is my goal. As of today, I have read around 30. So far, so good!
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment