Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Reads and Reviews

I'm doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge again this year. Last year my goal was to read thirty-five books and I read eighty. This year my goal is one hundred books. I got this!

This month started the year out right with twelve books. That's right, super mom with four screaming kids squeezed in twelve books this month! (Though a lot of these "books" are those romance novels split in three. It's a thing people are doing now and it is annoying. It's short enough to be a short story. The three together could be one book. But yeah, let's call it a "series".) Let's look at my reviews for what I managed to read for January 2016.


The Everlasting Chapel
by Marilyn Cruise

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
Perfect ending to a great trilogy.
My only real complaint is that I think Scarlett fought too hard against Michael. Once she finally gave in to the inevitable, a happy ending was guaranteed. 


For more of Marilyn Cruise's books and buy links, check out her Goodreads author page.
 

Gravitas: Valkyrie in the Forbidden Zone
by Lynne Murray

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
I adore this book! Humorous, action-packed, and full of jabs at society, this book has everything I could want and more.

For more of Lynne Murray's books and buy links, check out her Amazon author page.


Dreamwalker
by Desiree Morgan

Rating: 3 Stars

Review:
The story was sweet but it felt too short for my tastes. I would have liked more detail leading up to the car accident. More scenes of them interacting in the dreams to show Chase falling in love with Emily. A few editing issues here and there but nothing too distracting from the story.
All in all, a good quick read but didn't draw me in as much as I had hoped.


For more of Desiree Morgan's books and buy links, check out her Goodreads author page.


Five Dates
by Amy Jo Cousins

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
Humorous, sexy, and fun! A great read that draws you into Devin and Jay's worlds and the realities of a relationship.  

For more of Amy Jo Cousin's books and buy links, check out her Amazon author page


Regina: The Monster Inside
by DM Singh

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
An exciting leap into a magical world unlike any other. This book is full of characters that are unique and interesting. The heroine isn't perfect; she is young, makes mistakes, and often doesn't think her plans through. All of which makes her easy to relate to. Though at times the pacing is a bit slow, the story is otherwise engaging. Great read, can't wait for the sequel!

For more of DM Singh's books and buy links, check out her Amazon author page.


Ready To Were
by Robyn Peterman

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
I really enjoyed this book. It has everything I could want in a were story: humor, heartbreak, action, sexy romance, and a kick-ass heroine. I was tickled pink by the no bullshit tone, the humor having me laughing my butt off quite often. I definitely can't wait to read the next installment! 

For more of Robyn Peterman's books and buy links, check out her Amazon author page.

Unmasked: Volume 1
by Cassia Leo

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
A dark and intriguing story. A mysterious start to a trilogy that promises more action and turmoil to come!

For more of Cassia Leo's books and buy links, check out her Amazon author page.


The Viscount's Christmas Temptation
by Erica Ridley

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
An enjoyable historic romance with original characters and a sweet story. 

For more of Erica Ridley's books and buy links, check out her Amazon author page


Chameleon Sea: Part 1
by Catherine James

Rating: 3 Stars

Review:
A good start to a series with vivid details and a sensuous story. 

For more of  Catherine James's books and buy links, check out her Goodreads author page.


The Girlfriend Wager
by Edward Davies

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
An amusing tale about a group of teenage boys who make a bet: Which of them can get a real girlfriend and sleep with her within a year? As we journey with them through their failures and follies, we are reminded of youth and how strange and awkward those hormonal years are.
A fun read with interesting and hilarious characters.


For more of Edward Davies's books and buy links, check out his Goodreads author page.


I also read the short story "The Battered Bride" and Volume 8 of The Sandman. I look forward to a year full of more wonderful reads to come by some amazing indie authors!

No comments:

Post a Comment