Sunday, May 6, 2018

March - April Reads & Reviews

Hello, my fellow book enthusiasts.
I haven't posted reviews in a while so I thought I'd show you what I have been reading lately. Discover some new-to-you indie authors!


Miranda's Rights
by Lily Luchesi

Rating: 3 Stars

Review:
Though I knew exactly how this book was going to go when Miranda came back as a vampire, it was still an entertaining ride. We find out more about Angelica herself through flashbacks and it made her more real to me as a character. Danny begins honing his own special gifts, though I would have liked to see him struggle more with it as opposed to us being told that he struggled.
I wasn't feeling Miranda as a character, though. There was nothing likable about her, so I find it hard to believe that Danny was ever engaged to her. Also, if he has always known she was selfish and Angelica never trusted her, why would they trust her to help them with a case now?
The only plot twist I didn't see coming was the very end, and that was a nice way to set up the next book in the series.


Jill
by Rose Montague

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
A nice end to a trilogy!
The three J'Amigos are back with non-stop action from page one. These females are not only badass, but totally confident and eager to help each other fight the forces of evil. We follow our heroines as they traverse new worlds, encounter new dangers, and basically get splattered with gore on multiple occasions. A perfect ending, and a perfect intro to the Norma Jean's School of Witchery series.  


Sunlight Girl
by K.L. Cottrell

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
This is a new favorite. Spencer and Emerson's story was equal parts dark and enlightening. I honestly can't think of enough words to express what a beautiful and touching story this was. It is certainly inspiring for victims of abuse, whether it's the physical, mental, or emotional kind. And though I can't agree completely with her view of suicide victims, the story does an excellent job of revealing the other side of that coin by showing the world through the eyes of a loved one.
Overall, amazing story that I could not put down.


The Truth Will Out
by Karen J Mossman

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:

This was an interesting, fast-paced read. I could tell from the start that Sarah was Kelly, so no twist there, but I certainly didn't see the main protagonist coming. The action scenes were done quite well. I wouldn't have minded a slightly more fleshed out romance, but overall, this was a good read. 



Overall, lots of goodies by female authors. (I didn't plan it that way, I swear!) I hope you check them out and find some you enjoy.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment