Monday, August 1, 2016

July Reads & Reviews

Hello everyone!
Tis I, your indie author and avid reader, Marie! Last month I read lots of books and four of those were by indie authors. Let me share those books, and my reviews, with you guys so you can update your reading list with some goodies.


Fight
by K. L. Cottrell

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
Each book of this series just keeps getting better! We get to know these characters so intimately, so completely, that they become absolutely real. I laughed with them, cried with them, and triumphed with them. This series has possessed me now and I can't wait to read the final book!

To purchase this title, find it on Amazon here.
 

Angel Within
by Julie Nicholls

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
An amazing sequel to Demon Within! New friendships and new enemies. Love, betrayal, heartache. And some steamy sex scenes too! This beautifully written tale of friendship, loyalty, and the lengths one will go to protect those you love is my new favorite of Julie's. 

To purchase this title, find it on Amazon here.


Norma Jean's School of Witchery: Book Two: Ghost School 
by Rose Montague

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
Another exciting adventure of Jewel the witch! Things become more complicated and the action is non-stop in this sequel to the first addictive book of the Norma Jean's School of Witchery series. Though very few scenes actually take place in the school, following Jewel as she becomes more powerful and endures new quests is more entertaining than ever. I had a hard time putting it down and can't wait for the third book!

To purchase this title, find it on Amazon here.


The Promise
by C. E. Wilson

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
This is the most beautiful, most tragic story that brought me to tears over and over again. Once I started reading this tale of Lily and her shrinking situation, I just couldn't stop. Sometimes loving someone just isn't enough and though letting them go is painful, it can be for the best. It's a hard lesson to learn for Erik and Lily but one that leads to happiness later on.

To purchase this title, find it on Amazon here.


Rarely do I give so many five star reviews in one month but these books were fabulous reads! I also read some more volumes of the Kamisama Hajimemashita manga, Batman: The Killing Joke, and a few of those side Harry Potter books: The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Quidditch Through the Ages, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I had to get myself ready for the new Harry Potter book, after all! 
Happy reading, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment