Saturday, September 20, 2014

New Story!

When I wrote IRISH SQUEEZE I intended it to be a one-time thing. But during the editing process with the publishing company, the editor made a suggestion I hadn't even considered. 

Put in a bit more detail about Melissa's brother just in case you want to do a sequel about him. 

The idea immediately appealed to me but I couldn't come up with a story about him. The more I tried to think about it, the more I rammed my head against a brick wall. So I did what I always do when this happens: I left it. Moved on to other things and had some successful writing there. This was over a year ago.

The other night right before sleep took me away to a lovely land of endless possibilities, I had a revelation. Suddenly, I knew exactly what Joey's story was! It hit me like a slap in the face and I struggled to memorize it before I dozed off. And luckily, I still remembered it all the next day. Nice!

I'm excited to get into this novel because though it will be an erotica, I think the story itself is a great one. The characters feel very real to me and their problems genuine. I've already got over a chapter into the rough draft and I haven't hit any roadblocks yet. 
Hope to have this one completed in a few months. It would be pretty awesome if I could get it published around the beginning of year, just like IRISH SQUEEZE was. I can't make any promises about that because life happens but I do believe this will be an easy story to write, even though getting it started took so long.

Writing a new story is always so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment