Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Where Have I Been?

For the few of you that actually follow this blog, this might have been your question for the last few months.
Honestly, I can't even answer that. It's somewhere dark, for sure.
I've been in a pretty bad place lately and crawling out of this midnight-black hole is a slippery, nail breaking process. But I'm working on it.

I've felt pretty overwhelmed in all aspects of my life but one that's killing me is dealing with other authors. It's starting to get to me for reasons it shouldn't. I've been trying to review and critique for friends and fellow struggling authors and though I really want to help these people, I just can't get motivated anymore. My days are busy this summer with the kids out of school and when I do have a minute to sit down and read, I just don't feel like it. I'd rather sleep. Or drink. Or watch Supernatural and get my Dean fix while I drink and before I sleep.

Also struggling with my vampire novel. I know the story is great but I feel like I just suck at telling it. No one will critique it for me or give me helpful pointers. At this point, I just don't think it will ever get published because I refuse to do a self-publish on it. I want a publishing house, however small, with an in-house editor to look at this thing. 
But it isn't there yet. It still isn't quite presentable.

What to do when I feel like my own creativity is failing me? I've stepped away from it and completed other works, hoping that when I come back to it I will have a fresh perspective and better ideas. Alas, it isn't so.

Perhaps I should get someone to co-author this manuscript with me? Two heads are better than one and honestly, what could it hurt? 
But how do you even go about finding someone to write with you? Who do you ask in the online world? How do you find someone that not only writes the exact same genre but has a similar line of thought? 

Yes, I know this is a rather depressing post and I apologize for that but this is life. It isn't always sunshine and rainbows shooting out of a unicorn's ass while it skips through a field of daisies with a drunken leprechaun on it's back. 

Sometimes it just sucks. Sometimes you get lost.
Sometimes you stumble on your way back to the light.
And sometimes you just need help. Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while. I might need three to lift my ass out of this funk.

Until next time, find your happy place people and good luck with whatever problems life is throwing your way.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're having such a rough time. You really do have your hands full. I'd be happy to read your book. I have read some science fiction and have read my fair share of books.

    ReplyDelete